arrakiswitch

A Reciprocal Love Affair With Books

Miles Morales: Spider-Man (A Marvel YA Novel)
Jason Reynolds, Kadir Nelson
Progress: 206/261 pages

Review: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

— feeling love
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - Felicia Day

This book feels like a great big hug. Why? you may ask. What is my logic behind this statement? Well, let me explain:

Though this is directly an autobiography of Felicia Day, written with her expected sweet and daffy wit, there's a larger theme here of acceptance. With Ms. Day's sharing the ins and outs of her own interesting life (and I suppose one could read the usage of 'interesting' here like the old curse 'may you live in interesting times'), I got the feeling again and again that,if I ever met her, I could unload everything about my own and she'd understand completely, though very few of the details are similar. The book is like a metaphorical pair of open arms, and it's not accidental.

I also had no idea that Felicia's life was so interesting and wild, and filled with stress, too, and mental issues. I've loved her for a while now; can't remember the very first thing I saw her in, most likely Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I do remember it was through my Xbox that I was introduced to The Guild and I just never looked back.

The book itself is well-written, a very quick read, buoyed by cute and funny memes in between the text. It also made me cry quite a few times, because as she extends empathy to the reader, this reader most assuredly reciprocated. I waited five months to get this book from the library,and it was completely worth it!