arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

Review: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

— feeling love
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - Felicia Day

This book feels like a great big hug. Why? you may ask. What is my logic behind this statement? Well, let me explain:

Though this is directly an autobiography of Felicia Day, written with her expected sweet and daffy wit, there's a larger theme here of acceptance. With Ms. Day's sharing the ins and outs of her own interesting life (and I suppose one could read the usage of 'interesting' here like the old curse 'may you live in interesting times'), I got the feeling again and again that,if I ever met her, I could unload everything about my own and she'd understand completely, though very few of the details are similar. The book is like a metaphorical pair of open arms, and it's not accidental.

I also had no idea that Felicia's life was so interesting and wild, and filled with stress, too, and mental issues. I've loved her for a while now; can't remember the very first thing I saw her in, most likely Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I do remember it was through my Xbox that I was introduced to The Guild and I just never looked back.

The book itself is well-written, a very quick read, buoyed by cute and funny memes in between the text. It also made me cry quite a few times, because as she extends empathy to the reader, this reader most assuredly reciprocated. I waited five months to get this book from the library,and it was completely worth it!