arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

Review: Star wars: Lando by Charles Soule and Alex Maleev

— feeling love
Star Wars: Lando - Charles Soule, Alex Maleev

This is the most fun I've had with a Star Wars comic in... forever, honestly! They've always been sort of hit or miss with me, or hit and miss sometimes. But Lando's one of my favorites, and a character who's always been completely short shrifted by the Star Wars EU. So when I saw this comic existed, I had to have it. I couldn't have predicted that the writing would be THIS fun, and that Soule would so completely capture the character I loved (pre-ESB, too, while still imbuing him with depth and warmth.)

The basic premise is enough to make me laugh (Lando unwittingly steals Palpatine's pleasure yacht during a heist) but the story turns dark--not dark enough that it made me feel bad or crappy while reading it, but just edgy enough to keep it interesting, with a heart-breaking ending that leads nicely into the movies, character-wise.

The art was solid and interesting to look at, and actually looked like the actors, not, you know, a suggestion thereof. And I loved the original characters. I am now insanely excited for Soule's Poe Dameron title (hence my new avatar).

A great read, would definitely own this one!