arrakiswitch

A Reciprocal Love Affair With Books

Miles Morales: Spider-Man (A Marvel YA Novel)
Jason Reynolds, Kadir Nelson
Progress: 206/261 pages

Giving this a go for my new followers, as well as all my longtime lovelies!

— feeling booklikes

1. Are you named after anyone?

Joan of Arc, but in a complicated way, because my mother wanted to go with a French name to match my inexplicable surname, so she used the French version, and then decided she liked the English spelling/French masculine version better. Every French teacher I've ever had has labored under the misconception before they have met me that A) I am French and B) I am male. I'm neither. My mom also loved X-Men and I teased her about glomping Jean Grey's name.

2. When was the last time you cried

Father's Day.

3. Do you have kids?

Nope.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

Ahahaha, maybe? Depends on the day, I suppose.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Nooooooooooo!

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

Really no, thank you,

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

Count Chocula! Yes, still.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

My smile. I always get compliments on my smile.

9. What is your eye colour?

Green-hazel.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Can't I have both?

11. Favorite smells?

Fresh pumpkin guts. Vanilla. Autumn leaves. Christmas trees, the pine mingled with the scent of the musty ornaments. Burning pine.

12. Summer or winter?

Winter. I love the snow, and I live in the south now, and summer's brutal!

13. Computer or television?

I use my laptop while I'm watching TV.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Greece, my family's homeland.

15. Do you have any special talents?

Amazing feats of spontaneous world building in my imagination. I've also been told by my sister that I'm one hell of a proof reader and copy editor!

16. Where were you born?

Long Island, New York

17. What are your hobbies?

Reading, writing, playing video games, obsessively trying to know everything about movies.

18. Do you have any pets?

Two cats who are strays we sort of adopted, but who go in and out as they please (as cats will do) and one little lonely doggie, whose sisters have both, sadly, passed in the past few years.

19. Favorite movies?

Way, way too many...! Star Wars (yes, all six), the Indiana Jones films (yes, all four--what can I say? I retained my sense of childlike wonder! xP), various Star Treks (mainly even-numbered: 2, 4, 8, 12--and,yes, nuTrek counts in my eyes), Tarzan and his Mate, Rebecca, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Princess Bride, Titanic, Beauty and the Beast (Disney and Cocteau), Cinderella (Disney), Man of Steel, Labyrinth, Gladiator, Django Unchained, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Trick 'r Treat, and many, many, many more. These were the first that came to my sister when I asked her!

20. Do you have any siblings?

A brother and a sister, ten and eight years older than me, respectively.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Older.