arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

My dad. I read my first book to him (the aptly named Hop on Pop). Together with my mother, instilled in me a passion for reading, even though I was a slow starter. Read Barks' Donald Duck and Segar's Popeye comics and strips to me every night; he did the voices and everything. We moved on to Nancy Drew when I was a little older.

He was an aspiring author; loved art and picture books; called me Pippi Longstockings. Worked as a copy editor first at Newsweek and then at Ladies' Home Journal. His favorite bathroom reading was the complete diaries of Samuel Pepys; he kept a set on the back of the toilet. A kind, funny, accomplished man.

I miss you, Dad.