arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

Reading progress update: I've read 58 out of 256 pages.

The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux, Manuela Hoelterhoff, Anne Perry

So far, kind of meh. I was expecting something with much more Gallic passion and indulgence. But it's more, 'Upon the second occasion that the Opera ghost made himself known, it was a celebration for the retirement of M. X, lest it should be forgotten that he began his career in his twenty-second year and BLAH BLAH BLAH.' I mean, it's still early days, and I JUST got to Raoul and Christine meeting again, so thank goodness! Also, Raoul has a brother, huh. Who dies in a terrible way towards the end--thanks for the spoiler for your own book, Gaston! Sarcasm. But I did not see that one coming, from all the adaptations that I've seen.

Also? The introduction by Anne Perry reads as suuuuuper creepy to me, with all of her justifications of the sympathetic murderer, considering her real identity.