arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

Review: Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices) - Cassandra Clare

Such a strong, intriguing start to a new series, with fun, likable, sympathetic characters. The L.A. setting keeps things new and interesting, exciting. And Clare just gets stronger and stronger as a writer; the series' staples humor and adventure are here in abundance.

So, what didn't I like? It's way too long. It almost seems like two books slapped together, the romance one, the story the other; there were long periods when I'd think to myself, "We-we're gonna get back to the plot soon, yes?" Not that I disliked the romance! Hey, I was rooting for it. There was just so much, and it made the book so long, it seemed to drag.

It was a good start to the new series, though, even if it could have been made a bit stronger by some better editing. Can't wait to read Lord of Shadows!