arrakiswitch

Bad Moon Rising
Jonathan Maberry
Progress: 160/534 pages
The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Dave Lanphear, Derek Freidolfs, Tonci Zonjic, Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic, Clay Mann, Dean White, David Aja, Khari Evans, Roy Allan Martinez, Victor Olazaba, Francisco Paronzini, June Chung, Nick Dragotta, Mitch Breitweiser, Javier Rodriguez, Stefano Gaudiano, Dan Brereton, M

Review: Easy Street: The Hard Way by Ron Perlman

Easy Street (the Hard Way): A Memoir - Ron Perlman

Easy Street: The Hard Way is exactly what I look for when I pick up a celebrity biog: written strongly in Perlman's very unique voice, it gives you not only an overview of his early life, but also of his career, in a chronological order. That sounds like a very sterile observation, but it's always a disappointment when a celebrity's memoirs are all over the place, focused on the wrong things, or assume that I'm so fascinated personally by the mundanities of the personal lives. (It's what ruined Simon Pegg's Nerd Do Well for me, sadly.)

Perlman is, as he seems, larger than life, though simultaneously extremely own to earth, honest, impeccably smart and irreverent without coming across as completely full of himself. He's humble almost to a fault, and occasionally brutal. The book is comprehensive and well written; he makes it a pleasure, not a chore, to read about his very interesting life, as well as the projects he's been a part of.